Melford sign former Basildon striker
LONG Melford have signed 22-year-old striker Jamie Williams from neighbours Halstead Town. He has also played for Great Wakering, Brentwood Town and Basildon United amongst others.
LONG Melford have signed 22-year-old striker Jamie Williams from neighbours Halstead Town. He has also played for Great Wakering, Brentwood Town and Basildon United among others.
Jamie played against Melford earlier in the season for Halstead, where he had been a regular fixture in the team and scored the winner against March Town United 10 days ago.
Melford manager Geoff Cleal said Jamie is “a good addition to the squad”. He also said that assistant manager Jason Maher played a key role in signing Jamie.
On signing for the club Jamie said: “I signed for Melford because I wanted to win things and progress. I was sad to leave Halstead as they were great people at the club but I knew it was the right move for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Describing his style of play, Melford’s new striker said: “I like to hold the ball up and bring others into the game. My target is to score 18+ goals and promotion would be nice!”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from