Melton St Audry’s appoint new managerial duo
MELTON St Audry’s have appointed Phil Fairbrother and Paul Ray as first-team managers for next season.
Steve Moore and James Leech resigned in the wake of Friday night’s 4-1 Bob Coleman Cup final defeat to Crane Sports.
Moore confirmed after Friday’s final at Woodbridge Town that he would be carrying on next season, but chairman Jeff Airey was informed on Saturday afternoon of their decision to stand down and moved quickly to appoint Fairbrother and Ray.
Fairbrother is an ex-player, manager and committee member of the club, having previously managed Haughley United and Framlingham Town, and Ray has been player/manager of the club’s reserves side.
Airey said: “This is a new beginning for the club and hopes the players will rally round the new managers. I also would like to thank Steve and James for their efforts and wish them well in their new ventures.”
You may also want to watch:
The new management will be holding a players meeting and welcome any prospective players who feel they have the ability and attitude to play for a progressive senior club.
Dates for pre-season training and friendlies will be announced shortly.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds