Michael Rose set to sign for Colchester
COLCHESTER United are set to confirm the signing of left-back Michael Rose on a two-year deal tomorrow
COLCHESTER United are set to sign left-back Michael Rose on a free transfer tomorrow after newly relegated League One side Swindon Town agreed to cancel his contract.
U’s boss John Ward has worked with the attack-minded 28-year-old – who is a free-kick and corner specialist – twice before. He first signed him on loan while manager at Cheltenham back in 2005 and also worked with him at Stockport during his short spell as assistant manager in 2009.
The ex-Manchester United trainee, whose former clubs also include Chester, Hereford Yeovil and Scunthorpe, was a key player under Paul Lambert while on loan at Norwich City during their promotion season from League One.
He joined Swindon on a free transfer last summer, signing a two-year deal with the option of a third. However, after scoring three goals in 41 appearances, the club agreed to cancel Roses’ contract as they now prepare for life in League Two. He will sign a two-year deal at The Weston Homes Community Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester sold left-back Marc Tierney to Norwich last January and, although Ben Coker – who this time last year was at Suffolk non-league side Bury Town – has impressed greatly as his replacement, Ward has decided to bring in a reinforcement in that position after releasing Conor Powell.
– For Ward’s thoughts on the signing, see tomorrow’s EADT.
- 1 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
- 6 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 9 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested