Mick McCarthy and Daryl Murphy among the nominees for the Sky Bet Championship Manager and Player of the Month awards respectively
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy and striker Daryl Murphy have been nominated for Sky Bet Championship Manager and Player of the Month respectively.
The Blues dropped just two points in December – the goalless draw at Bolton coming among wins over Leeds (4-1 at home), Middlesbrough (2-0 at home), Brentford (4-2 away) and Charlton (3-0 at home).
It was a run of form that moved the Suffolk side into second spot, opening up a 10-point gap to seventh-place Norwich City.
Murphy scored six goals in those five games, the division’s leading scorer taking his tally for the season to 17 – already the best return of his career and equalling the number he netted at former clubs Sunderland Celtic combined.
McCarthy is up against Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe, Middlesbrough’s Aitor Karanka and Watford’s Slavisa Jokanovic. Murphy is up against Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter, Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson and Bolton keeper Andy Lonergan.
You may also want to watch:
Both winners will be announced tomorrow morning.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties