Mick McCarthy and Ryan Fraser nominated for Sky Bet Championship monthly awards
Mick McCarthy and Ryan Fraser have been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship Manager and Player of the Month awards respectively following Ipswich Town’s flying start to the season.
McCarthy – whose third-placed team claimed 10 points from a possible 15 in the league and won two Capital One Cup ties to set up a third round trip to Manchester United – is up against Chris Hughton (Brighton; five wins, one draw, one defeat), Steve Bruce (Hull; five wins, one draw, one defeat) and Chris Ramsey (QPR; four wins, one draw, two defeats).
Fraser, meanwhile, has made an immediate impact at Portman Road following his season-long loan switch from newly promoted Premier League side Bournemouth.
The diminutive Scottish winger has added some much needed pace and direct running to the team. Not only has he scored two goals – at Brentford on the opening weekend and a sublime winner at Preston – but he has also had a hand in four others.
He is up against Birmingham City midfielder Stephen Gleeson, Burnley defender Michael Keane and Brighton winger Kazenga LuaLua.
You may also want to watch:
The winners will be revealed tomorrow morning.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 9 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 10 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat