Ex-Town boss McCarthy ‘interested in Bristol job’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy is interested in the vacant Bristol City job, it has been reported.
Lee Johnson was sacked as Robins boss on Saturday, after a 1-0 home defeat to Championship play-off rivals Cardiff.
That result leaves Bristol 12th in the league, with their play-off hopes hanging by a thread with five games left.
McCarthy, 61, is known to be interested in a speedy return to club management having left his role as Republic of Ireland boss in April. and The Sun claims that he’s thrown his hat into the ring for the Bristol job.
He’s not led a club since the ill-tempered end to his reign at Town back in 2018. He guided the Blues to an unlikely play-off spot in the 2014/15 season, but spent much of the final months of his spell at Portman Road falling out with fans.
You may also want to watch:
He famously walked out of the club after a 1-0 win over Barnsley on April 10, 2018.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe