McCarthy insists no talks over Smith’s rumoured Colorado move
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy has insisted he has not held any discussions regarding Tommy Smith’s rumoured move to Colorado Rapids.
Smith was absent for last weekend’s FA Cup defeat by Sheffield United due to illness, with reports emerging on the morning of the game relating to a potential move to the MLS.
McCarthy said Smith only returned to Town’s Playford Road base this week due to his illness, which will rule him out of tomorrow’s game with Leeds, and stressed he had heard nothing regarding a potential move.
“I haven’t, he’s been in today and that’s it, really,” McCarthy said.
“I’ve been doing the first team stuff and Tommy’s been and gone and will be back in tomorrow.
“I’ve not had any, no,” McCarthy continued when asked whether he knew of any firm interest.
The Ipswich boss has been working to try and bring in new signings to patch up his injury-hit squad, but insisted it has been a quiet week both in terms of incomings and outgoings.
- 1 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 2 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 8 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
“I don’t know,” McCarthy replied when asked if he had received interest in any of his players.
“This week’s been pretty quiet – I’ve been on the phone making phone call and getting nowhere pretty much.
“But I’ve had no calls about my players.
“Marcus would speak to me about it, of course.”