McCarthy insists no talks over Smith’s rumoured Colorado move
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy has insisted he has not held any discussions regarding Tommy Smith’s rumoured move to Colorado Rapids.
Smith was absent for last weekend’s FA Cup defeat by Sheffield United due to illness, with reports emerging on the morning of the game relating to a potential move to the MLS.
McCarthy said Smith only returned to Town’s Playford Road base this week due to his illness, which will rule him out of tomorrow’s game with Leeds, and stressed he had heard nothing regarding a potential move.
“I haven’t, he’s been in today and that’s it, really,” McCarthy said.
“I’ve been doing the first team stuff and Tommy’s been and gone and will be back in tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve not had any, no,” McCarthy continued when asked whether he knew of any firm interest.
The Ipswich boss has been working to try and bring in new signings to patch up his injury-hit squad, but insisted it has been a quiet week both in terms of incomings and outgoings.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 8 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
“I don’t know,” McCarthy replied when asked if he had received interest in any of his players.
“This week’s been pretty quiet – I’ve been on the phone making phone call and getting nowhere pretty much.
“But I’ve had no calls about my players.
“Marcus would speak to me about it, of course.”