Bru still needed at Portman Road as McCarthy reveals ‘I’ve not had people banging my door down’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mick McCarthy has admitted he needs to keep Kevin Bru at Ipswich Town for the time being.
The midfielder seemed destined to depart Portman Road after being granted a move in the summer and beginning the season without a squad number, only for a deadline-day move to Toulouse to fall through.
A string of midfield injuries has brought Bru in from the cold, with the Mauritius international making nine appearances to date, but the 28-year-old is still open to a departure ahead of his contract expiring in the summer.
McCarthy said he has yet to receive any concrete interest in Bru and, in any case, would not allow him to go while so many players are sidelined.
“Not at the moment, no, and to be honest I’ve not had people banging my door down,” he said, when asked if Bru would still be allowed to leave.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re two weeks into the transfer window. I have no intentions of that happening.
“That might change if someone comes in and offers a three-year deal somewhere, he might want to go, but that’s not been the case.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
Bru could be involved again when the Blues face Leeds tomorrow.