Mick McCarthy laughs off reports that he’s set for Republic of Ireland interview on Monday
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has laughed off reports that he is set to meet the Irish FA for an interview on Monday.
One national newspaper in Ireland has reported that McCarthy – the bookmakers’ favourite for the vacant Ireland job – would meet headhunters Ray Houghton and Ruud Dokter at the start of the week.
Following this afternoon’s 1-1 draw at Bolton, the Blues boss was asked if there had been any contact from the Irish FA. In response he quipped: “Yeah, they came and stayed with me last night at the hotel. All of them came and stayed with me and we had a good meeting. Did I b******s. No, nothing.
“When am I (supposed to be) going? (told Monday). Well will somebody book me a ******* flight then?!
“I’ll tell you where I am on Monday. I’m at a signing session at David Lloyd in Ipswich at 10.30, I’ll be at the training ground before that at quarter to seven, me and TC (Terry Connor) will be watching the game back ahead of Friday (home game against Barnsley). You’re free to come and have a chat with me at quarter to seven, please feel free.
“Then we’ve got a game against the Nike Academy and I’ll be involved in that. And then I’ll be flying to Ireland!”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo