Watch McCarthy’s full press conference as he discusses beating Norwich, doing it for the fans and halting Maddison
- Credit: Archant
The second East Anglian derby of the season is almost here with Ipswich Town crossing the border to face rivals Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday lunchtime (12pm).
Blues boss Mick McCarthy will hold his pre-match press conference at 2pm this afternoon and, as always, you can watch it broadcast live right here.
The two teams are currently locked on 44 points in the middle of the Championship table, while historically they have won 40 games apiece in this fixture.
Town haven’t claimed regional bragging rights for almost nine years following a miserable run of six defeats and three draws against the Canaries.
The Blues have lost just one of their last five games – to league-leaders Wolves – and have kept three clean sheets during that run. Last weekend’s drab goalless home draw with rock-bottom Burton was arguably their worst display of the campaign though.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich, also not conceding or scoring many, have lost just one of their last 10 matches in all competitions. They go into this game off the back of 1-0 wins against Brentford (h) and Middlesbrough (a) and a 1-1 draw at high-flying Derby.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down