Watch McCarthy’s full press conference as he discusses beating Norwich, doing it for the fans and halting Maddison
- Credit: Archant
The second East Anglian derby of the season is almost here with Ipswich Town crossing the border to face rivals Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday lunchtime (12pm).
Blues boss Mick McCarthy will hold his pre-match press conference at 2pm this afternoon and, as always, you can watch it broadcast live right here.
The two teams are currently locked on 44 points in the middle of the Championship table, while historically they have won 40 games apiece in this fixture.
Town haven’t claimed regional bragging rights for almost nine years following a miserable run of six defeats and three draws against the Canaries.
The Blues have lost just one of their last five games – to league-leaders Wolves – and have kept three clean sheets during that run. Last weekend’s drab goalless home draw with rock-bottom Burton was arguably their worst display of the campaign though.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich, also not conceding or scoring many, have lost just one of their last 10 matches in all competitions. They go into this game off the back of 1-0 wins against Brentford (h) and Middlesbrough (a) and a 1-1 draw at high-flying Derby.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12