Mick McCarthy says there is ‘no way’ Tom Lawrence will be cutting short his loan stay with Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy says there is ‘no way’ Tom Lawrence will be cutting short his season-long loan spell with the Blues.
The in-form Leicester City loanee, who scored another sensational goal in this afternoon’s 1-1 draw at Preston, has been the subject of much speculation this month.
The only way his season-long loan could be ended was if Leicester, Ipswich and the player all agreed though.
“I spoke to Jon Rudkin (Leicester’s director of football) the other day and as far as they are concerned he’s with us,” said McCarthy.
“We have a commitment with them until the end of the season and they have a commitment to us. The only way that can be broken is if we say ‘we don’t want Tom Lawrence’. Well that’s going to happen isn’t it?!
You may also want to watch:
“There are clubs interested. I think Cardiff are interested, I’m told QPR are interested and I’ve also been told Leeds are interested. I’ve told Leeds that he is with us until the end of the season, so they are kind of p*****g in the wind.
“Tom will have a really good choice of clubs at the end of the season. I see no reason why a Premier League club won’t take him. He’s at a Premier League club now.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
“Leicester haven’t received any bids. He’s with us. There is no way, anyhow, I will be sanctioning Tom Lawrence going anywhere else. Is that categoric enough for you?”