Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Middlesbrough linked to Martyn Waghorn move
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Middlesbrough are said to be eyeing a move for Ipswich Town’s star striker Martyn Waghorn.
Waghorn, who scored 16 goals and dished out 11 assists last season, is apparently high on the target list for a number of Championship clubs this summer, according to TWTD.co.uk.
The 28-year-old, who signed from Rangers last summer, is probably Town’s most prized asset, along with Polish international keeper Bartosz Bialkowski.
But new boss Paul Hurst has already shown a willingness to shake up his squad this summer, allowing star defender Adam Webster to join Bristol City for an initial £3.5m rising to £8m yesterday.
It would seem unlikely that the Blues would consider parting with Waghorn too – unless a mega money offer crosses Hurst’s desk which would allow the new man to bring in several of his own targets.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, Waghorn hails from South Shields, so a return up north could well appeal to him.
- What do you think? Should Town consider selling Waghorn?
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him