Matchday Recap: Tavernier and Hugill goals beat the Blues
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town lost 2-0 at Middlesbrough this afternoon following goals from Jordan Hugill and Marcus Tavernier.
The Blues are looking to bounce back from the Boxing Day loss at QPR, against a Middlesbrough side in the thick of the promotion race.
“Another game and another one where people won’t expect us to get anything,” manager Paul Lambert said.
“But we’re playing well and that’s the thing. I have no worries on that issue – about going there to give them a game.
“They are among the favourites to go up and anybody’s beatable on any given day. We’ll have to be stronger in both boxes, though.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a 500-mile round trip for the Blues and their fans.
“You feel for the supporters because it’s a helluva jaunt up there,” Lambert said.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
“Those fans are brilliant because they travel all over and are right behind us. Even at the end (on Boxing Day) they clapped the lads off.
“We have to give them something. They’ve been brilliant since I’ve been here and we need everybody.”
Follow us for live updates.