Matchday Recap: Tavernier and Hugill goals beat the Blues
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town lost 2-0 at Middlesbrough this afternoon following goals from Jordan Hugill and Marcus Tavernier.
The Blues are looking to bounce back from the Boxing Day loss at QPR, against a Middlesbrough side in the thick of the promotion race.
“Another game and another one where people won’t expect us to get anything,” manager Paul Lambert said.
“But we’re playing well and that’s the thing. I have no worries on that issue – about going there to give them a game.
“They are among the favourites to go up and anybody’s beatable on any given day. We’ll have to be stronger in both boxes, though.
It’s a 500-mile round trip for the Blues and their fans.
“You feel for the supporters because it’s a helluva jaunt up there,” Lambert said.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
“Those fans are brilliant because they travel all over and are right behind us. Even at the end (on Boxing Day) they clapped the lads off.
“We have to give them something. They’ve been brilliant since I’ve been here and we need everybody.”
Follow us for live updates.