Lapslie on comeback trail for U’s
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Tom Lapslie is making good progress on his comeback from knee surgery.
Colchester United’s central midfielder had a good start to the season – the team themselves are sitting pretty in fourth slot in League Two – before suffering a knee problem which required an operation at the start of this month.
“Tom will be looking to train with the under-23s this weekend,” revealed U’s boss John McGreal, following today’s first-team training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
McGreal continued: “The under-23s game (at Crystal Palace) has been called off on Monday, otherwise Tom would have been hoping to play in that game.
“But he’s been doing lots of fitness work and he we will be looking to return to training with the first team next week,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s are away at Oldham Athletic this Saturday.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health