Mike Bacon gives his Ipswich Town player ratings after 2-0 home win against Bolton Wanderers
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Bolton Wanderers 2-0 at Portman Road in a Championship match yesterday. MIKE BACON gives his player ratings.
Bartosz Bialkowski: 6
Quite honestly had little to do, with one good save in the first half. Ipswich defended well and Bart dealt with anything that came his way with little fuss.
Dominic Iorfa: 6
Showed his versatility once again, switching from centre-back to full-back in the at the break. Had a storming run in the first half, decent performance.
You may also want to watch:
Myles Kenlock: 7
Town’s best attacking player in the first half, getting the fans going as the Blues huffed and puffed. Has given Mick McCarthy plenty to think about on his return to the team.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
Luke Chambers: 7
The skipper was back with a typical hard-working and rugged performance. Organised the defence well against a physical Bolton onslaught.
Jordan Spence: 7
Another effective game from the Town defender who quietly gets on with his job. A crucial block on David Wheater when he looked destined to score.
Callum Connolly: 5
Took a knock in the first half and was substituted at half-time as Mick McCarthy shuffled his pack.
Grant Ward: 6
Worked hard on the right-hand side of midfield to quell Bolton attacks. Would be nice to see him attack defenders more with his pace.
Tom Adeyemi: 6
A quiet first half, followed by a better second. Showed his box-to-box qualities on a couple of occasions. Town fans can look forward to much more from him as he gets his season up and running.
COLE SKUSE: 8
The most consistent Town player on the pitch. Crucial last-man tackle in the first half as Bolton attacked and followed that up with a rare goal, albeit with the aid of a deflection. But his performance deserved that bit of luck. For me, Town’s best player.
David McGoldrick: 7
Can be as frustrating as he is brilliant and Town fans saw both sides of him against Bolton. Not much came off for him first half, but second half he was different gravy and took his goal superbly.
Joe Garner: 6
What a tough afternoon for the Town striker, but he worked his socks off against a big Bolton defence. Feisty to the last, although late booking disappointing.
Bersant Celina: 6
Lights up the park when he goes on his dazzling runs. Ipswich certainly needed a spark at half-time and he helped provide it when he replaced Callum Connolly at the break.