Mike Masters has operation back in New York
MIKE Masters had an operation back in his native New York yesterday, after fracturing his patella during Kem Izzet’s Testimonial on Saturday.
Former Colchester United striker Masters, a member of the U’s double-winning squad of 1991-92, had returned to England to take part in last weekend’s 20th anniversary festivities at the Essex club.
However, the 43-year-old’s big day was spoilt by a serious injury, sustained while turning out for the ‘Boys of ‘92’ team against ‘Wiggy’s Wonders of ’98,’ the first of two matches to mark Izzet’s Testimonial.
Masters initially feared that he would have to have surgery in England, rather than back in his native America, but he contacted the EADT yesterday to reveal the latest.
“I flew back to New York on Monday, wearing the same brace that I wore at the anniversary dinner,” said Masters.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m having surgery today. I’ll miss work this week and, probably, some of next week. Much will depend on how the knee reacts to the surgery.
“But despite the injury, it was a great event. It was wonderful to see so many old team-mates and supporters.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash