Mike Masters injured in Kem Izzet Testimonial
A GOOD crowd were entertained in the sunshine by Colchester United stars, past and present, for Kem Izzet’s Testimonial this afternoon.
‘The Boys of 92’ played against the ‘Men of 98’ in the first fixture, in a game that was slightly marred by an injury to Mike Masters.
American Masters, who had made the trip over from New York for this special occasion, was stretchered off with a dislocated knee, although he was able to ackowledge the warm applause of the crowd.
The ‘Men of 98’ won the game 2-1, thanks to goals from Wayne Brown and Mark Sale.
In the second game, between the current Colchester United team and Parky’s All Stars, comprising celebrity players and the promotion-winning squad of 2005-06, there were goals galore.
You may also want to watch:
Parky’s All Stars, with Phil Parkinson as manager, won 4-2 thanks to a quality brace from Darren Huckerby and further goals from Greg Halford and Jamie Cureton.
Andy Bond and Jordan Sanderson replied for the present-day U’s
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward