Mildenhall bowler Tymal Mills to leave Essex Cricket Club
- Credit: Nick Wood/Actionplus
Essex bowler Tymal Mills has decided to leave the club at the end of the season, it emerged tonight.
Mildenhall paceman Mills was offered a new deal, but has decided to pursue his career with another county.
The 22-year-old played 12 matches last season but was troubled by a back injury, limiting his appearances to only one game since late July, against Hampshire in the Royal London One-Day Cup in which he retired hurt.
Essex head coach Paul Grayson said: “We are of course disappointed that Tymal has decided to leave the club, especially as he is one of our own from the Essex Academy.
“There was an attractive new contract offer on the table for him but he has decided to reject it and continue his career with a new club.”
You may also want to watch:
Mills said: “It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to leave Essex.
“I want to thank the club for giving me my introduction into professional cricket and in particular to John Childs, for my time spent on the Academy, and then Chris Silverwood, who has helped me no end since turning professional. I am excited for the next chapter in my career.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
- 10 Former Town boss McCarthy sacked by Cardiff City