Mildenhall Fen Tigers sent to Coventry
- Credit: Archant
Following Tuesday’s defeat at Dudley, the Mildenhall Fen Tigers find themselves with a second difficult away fixture in four days.
This time they are at Brandon for a National League meeting against the current table-toppers, the Coventry Storm.
The Fen Tigers will hope to repeat their excellent 47-45 victory at Coventry in the KO Cup back in early May when, like tomorrow, they were without number one Stefan Nielsen.
For tomorrow’s fixture, Ben Morley has been drafted in to cover Nielsen’s absence. With both reserves also out, Michael Neale, who impressed at Dudley, will again come in alongside Ryan Terry-Daley.
Coventry have both Robert Branford and Ex-Fen Tiger Joe Jacobs missing, on duty with their respective Premier League clubs, so are using Buxton’s Charles Wright as a guest in place of Branford.
You may also want to watch:
A Rider Replacement is being used for Jacobs. Also in their line-up is James Sarjeant who was a guest for Mildenhall on Tuesday at Dudley.
Club chairman Kevin Jolly is quietly confident ahead of Friday’s meeting: “We go into Friday’s meeting looking for all four points, and that is our attitude anywhere we ride.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 8 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 9 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
“We know Coventry have been flying recently and are a good side, but so are we.
“If our reserves can claim a few points and we can get Aaron (Baseby) back to his best, we will have the support needed to a top four who I feel can really score some big points at Brandon.
“We have already won there once this season and there is no reason why we cannot do so again.”
Line ups: Mildenhall :- 1. Morley (G) 2. Baseby 3. Bates 4. Armstrong 5. Halsey 6. Neale 7. Terry-Daley
Coventry: 1. Wright (G) 2. Knuckey 3. R/R 4. Greenwood 5. Sarjeant 6. Crang 7. Shanes