Mildenhall hire Simon Charlton as boss
MILDENHALL Town have appointed Simon Charlton as their new first team manager.Charlton - who played over 500 games in the Football League for the likes of Huddersfield, Southampton, Bolton and Norwich - takes charge after Richard Skelly quit as manager last month.
Football: Mildenhall Town have appointed Simon Charlton as their new first team manager.
The 37-year-old - who played over 500 games in the Football League for the likes of Huddersfield, Southampton, Bolton and Norwich - takes charge after Richard Skelly quit as manager last month. The former left-back, who retired from playing in 2007, has been a coach at Norwich City for the past two years.
After appointing their third manager in the space of six months, Mildenhall chairman Martin Tuck said: “Simon's appointment is fantastic news for our club. The knowledge that he has gained during his professional playing career, being managed by the likes of Sam Allardyce, Alan Ball and Graeme Souness is certainly invaluable.
“In addition, Simon's many football related qualifications, along with his extensive experience in coaching the top young players at Oldham Athletic and Norwich City football clubs, makes him the ideal appointment for us.
You may also want to watch:
“With our football academy now in place for the coming season and our new ground development planned to be ready in two seasons, it is a very exciting time for Mildenhall Town FC and I see Simon's input into both of these projects as being extremely beneficial.”
Charlton's first game in charge will be a Ridgeons League Premier Division fixture against Ely City on Easter Bank Holiday Monday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward