Fen Tigers to open National League campaign under the lights at West Row
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers will get their 2018 season under way at the fourth time of asking when they host the Stoke ‘AR Richards’ Potters on Saturday evening (7.30pm start) under the West Row lights!
Although the Fen Tigers haven’t managed a meeting themselves yet, the team have been getting plenty of guest bookings.
Last Saturday Danny Ayres and Josh Bailey were both at Eastbourne and Jordan Jenkins was at Stoke with Birmingham while all the riders have been getting track time wherever possible.
The club also had five representatives in the British U21 semi-final at Eastbourne recently and are now raring to race in front of their own support.
The Stoke side come to Mildenhall with a solid top end of Max Clegg, Rob Shuttleworth and Tony Atkin and will provide a stern opening test, something promoter Kevin Jolly is fully aware of.
You may also want to watch:
“Stoke will be no pushovers and are led by one of the League’s top men in Max Clegg,” Jolly said.
“He has excellent back up from Tony Atkin and Rob Shuttleworth and of course they are managed by that wily old fox and great friend of Mildenhall Speedway, Malcolm Vasey.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
“We certainly will not be taking anything for granted on Saturday night.
“But I know the lads are bursting to put on a real performance so let’s look forward to a special evening under lights.
“The lads have been getting in practise wherever possible and some have already had guest bookings and met with plenty of success on their travels, which can only be good for us when we visit.
“There is a real feel good feeling around the club as we approach this season and a good win will be the perfect way to get started.”
Saturdays teams Mildenhall Fen Tigers: Josh Bailey, Sam Bebee, Jordan Jenkins (C), Ryan Kinsley, Danny Ayres, Drew Kemp and Matt Marson. Stoke Potters: Max Clegg, Paul Burnett, Tony Atkin, Adam Extance, Rob Shuttleworth, Joe Alcock and William O’Keefe