Fen Tigers move to cover injury woes as Danny Halsey returns
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers have moved quickly after losing both Sam Bebee and captain Jordan Jenkins to injury during the 37-34 KOC quarter-final, first leg defeat at Birmingham on Wednesday evening.
Returning to the team to cover the injury to Jenkins will be one of the most respected riders in recent Mildenhall history Danny Halsey.
Without a club this season Halsey had previously spent seven seasons at Mildenhall and is widely regarded as one of the best racers around the West Row circuit.
Halsey’s return was confirmed too late for him to ride in Sunday’s opening National League fixture against the Buxton ‘Hitmen’ so the Fen Tigers bring in Kent up and coming youngster Anders Rowe to cover for Jenkins. With Sam Bebee also on the sidelines currently the Fen Tigers will operate rider replacement for Bebee.
Kevin Jolly spoke of a difficult couple of days.
You may also want to watch:
“Wednesday was the type of evening that hits you hard, not only losing two of our own lads but the horrible injuries to Mitchell Davey rocked us all,” he said.
“I have spoken to Mitchell and am very pleased to say he is in fine spirits and although his injuries are severe thankfully they are not as bad as initially feared. We all send our very best wishes to him for a full recovery.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
“Jordan should be leaving hospital today but I would guess he is out for around four to six weeks. Sam , who came off in the same incident as Davey, may miss two to three weeks with hat is a suspected fractured wrist but he has movement in it today which is good news. That said you never know with these lads they heal quickly and both are hoping to with the team on Sunday.”
“We have discussed our options and although guests can work it is not my favoured way to go and we want very much to keep the strong tight spirit that has built up in the group and felt Danny was the perfect fit. That said we cannot use him on Sunday so have drafted in Anders Rowe who knows us well as a club and will be just fine”
Sundays Teams -
Buxton ‘Hitmen’ - 1 Ben Wilson 8.05, 2 Corban Pavitt 3.00, 3 David Wallinger 5.64, 4 Tom Woolley (C) 6.47, 5 Connor Coles (R/R) 6.75, 6 Kieran Douglas 3.00, 7 Lewis Whitmore 3.00
Mildenhall ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers - 1. Josh Bailey 8.87, 2. Sam Bebee (R/R) 3.00, 3. Anders Rowe (G) 7.19 4. Ryan Kinsley 4.53, 5. Danny Ayres 8.38, 6. Drew Kemp 3.00, 7. Matt Marson 3.00