Mildenhall Town record vital win to stay on course for Premier Division title
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Town recorded an important 2-1 win at Walsham le Willows on Saturday to keep their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title ambitions intact.
Max Melanson gave Hall the lead, but Ryan Gibbs got Walsham back on level terms.
However, Mildenhall stole the points courtesy of Lee Clift’s crafty backheel, although the win was dampened with the news of a serious injury to Hall player Rob Ruddy.
Elsewhere in the division, Michael Brothers and Matt Carmichael got their first win in charge of Brantham Athletic.
The Imps defeated Godmanchester Rovers 2-0 at home, with Sean Bartlett and Sean Gunn scoring the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Wanderers also picked up an impressive victory on Saturday as they defeated Thetford Town 1-0 away from home.
Danny Thrower was the match-winner for Wanderers in a feisty game that saw 11 bookings and a red, following two yellows, for Wanderers’ midfielder James Buckle.
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
Hadleigh United picked up a good point at Stanway Rovers, Haverhill Rovers won 2-1 at Fakenham Town, and FC Clacton beat Saffron Walden Town 2-0 in an Essex derby.
On Friday, title-chasing Gorleston beat Kirkley & Pakefield 3-1, while Newmarket Town beat Long Melford 4-2 in a six-goal thriller. Michael Runicles and Will Wingfield scored for Melford, while Jamie Thulborne scored a hat-trick for Newmarket alongside Lewis Whitehead as The Jockeys secured their eighth win in a row.
In the Thurlow Nunn First Division on Saturday, leaders Stowmarket Town were held to a 1-1 home draw by Braintree Town Reserves.
Steve Holder scored a penalty for Stow, but competitive Braintree equalised with five minutes left.
Coggeshall Town thrashed Kings Lynn Town Reserves 5-0, Maldon & Tiptree loanee Darren Mills scoring twice on his debut.
Cornard United picked up a superb three points at Diss Town, winning 2-0.
Jack Marshall and Luke Edwards scored the goals for Cornard, who remain in 14th position.
Debenham LC won at March Town United 4-1.