Miller earns top 20 place in cross epic
Nathan Miller, winner of the first round of the Eastern League, travelled to toughest cyclo-cross of all - the 37 mile classic Three Peaks event in the Yorkshire Dales.
The XRT/Elmy Cycles rider took 20th place – out of 480 finishers, finishing in 3:29:44.
His hard riding brought him home 6:17 ahead of another Eastern League regular, Greg Simcock (Team Corley Cycles), who was 35th.
Several Suffolk riders featured in the National Track Championships at the Manchester Velodrome.
The steep banking can have held few fears for West Suffolk Wheeler Donna Williams – she is a former Millennium Dome trapeze artist.
Donna was 14th in the 500 metre time trial and was part of teams that were 6th in the team sprint and bronze medallists in the team pursuit.
Emilie Fisher (Orbea/For Goodness Shakes) was 9th fastest in the individual pursuit while Nino Piccoli (Team Pedal Revolution) was 12th fastest in the men’s pursuit.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
Ross Edgar, whose parents live at Ousden, was the winner of the dramatic keirin on the last day of the championships.