Millwall leading the race to sign Ipswich Town goalkeeper Bialkowski
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Millwall are leading the race to sign Ipswich Town goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski, we understand.
The Pole has been wanted by a string of Championship clubs this summer, with Birmingham understood to have at one stage renewed interest they initially showed last summer, but the Lions are leading the way.
The Blues are understood to be willing to listen to offers for their three-time player-of-the-year, who is keen to play at as high a level as possible in a bid to force his way back into the Poland set-up. A move to Millwall is understood to be of interest to him.
It's understood the Blues value Bialkowski in the region of £1.5million.
Millwall are looking for a goalkeeper this summer after David Martin joined West Ham, Ben Amos's loan from Bolton expired and Jordan Archer moved on a free transfer.
You may also want to watch:
Lions boss Neil Harris remained tight-lipped on potential transfer business yesterday, when asked about links to Bialkowski, Portsmouth's Jamal Lowe and QPR's Matt Smith.
"We've been linked with players. Some are right and some come completely from nowhere, players from countries where we've never heard of the player," Harris told London News Online.
"We have never recruited from abroad, so it's not likely we will sign one from Outer Mongolia on a 12-year contract.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
"Some will be true - that we have enquired about or made a bid for. Sometimes reports come out but we like to do our business in private and not alert other clubs to what we're doing and what we're spending.
"When it does come out it comes out from one place - and that's an agent. I won't be talking about individual players at other clubs."
Ipswich have signed two goalkeepers already this summer, with Tomas Holy arriving from Gillingham and Adam Przybek joining after leaving West Brom.
If and when Bialkowski's departs, the Blues are understood to be keen to recruit another senior keeper, with Bolton's Remi Matthews on the club's radar.