Miskowiak ready for big year
ROBERT Miskowiak has hit back at doubters who fear it will be a miserable 2007 speedway season for Ipswich Witches.The 23-year-old Pole will be riding at Foxhall Stadium for the third consecutive year, and will have a vital role to play.
By Elvin King
ROBERT Miskowiak has hit back at doubters who fear it will be a miserable 2007 speedway season for Ipswich Witches.
The 23-year-old Pole will be riding at Foxhall Stadium for the third consecutive year, and will have a vital role to play.
He is effectively taking over as third heat leader from fellow countryman Piotr Protasiewicz, a rider who is an established international with plenty of Grand Prix experience.
You may also want to watch:
Witches riders report to Foxhall Stadium for Press and Practice day in less than a fortnight. And the first meeting - a home challenge against Lakeside Hammers - takes place on Thursday, March 15.
Miskowiak is ready, and he said: “I want to start - and finish - the season as a heat leader.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
“I want to kick-off this season as I finished the last one.
“My role in the team is very important this year, and I am well aware of this. I will do everything I can to succeed as it is a big year for me.”
Miskowiak and Kim Jansson have both been told by the Witches management that they are expected to come of age this term after both saw their careers stall somewhat in 2006.
And Miskowiak, who is expected to ride at No. 5 in the team, added: “Hopefully 2007 will be fruitful for the Witches.
“We are a young, hungry team with two leading figures in Mark Loram and Chris Louis.
“There is no doubt in my mind that we will be in the hunt for a top-four finish - and a play-off place.”
And reflecting on the arrival of two Poles into the Ipswich team for their Elite League debuts, Miskowiak said: “Zibi Suchecki is a young, promising rider. He is really quick from the tapes and I am sure he can adapt quickly to the demanding Foxhall track.
“Whenever he and Marcin Rempala need my assistance, I will be there for them - to help with advice or equipment.
“I can't wait to meet up with Ipswich fans again, and I want to help the Witches to be flying high this year.”