Mistley and Felixstowe go head to head
Eastern Counties 2: Mistley 45 Felixstowe 7
AFTER last weekend’s hard-fought game against Thurston, Mistley required a bonus-point victory to maintain hopes of ending the season in fourth place.
Mistley took the lead within ten minutes, Rob Bloom, back from injury, scoring the first try.
Edward Barrie was next on the scoresheet with a try converted by Donovan Brown, before Mike Stephens, the New Zealander, scored a third as Felixstowe tried to defend their line.
The Mistley scrum dominated the play from that point and, together with some excellent high kicks from Brown, allowed George Mather to score bringing the half -time score to 24-0
You may also want to watch:
Within five minutes of the second half, Dougall Meston scored his first try of the season, before a further conversion from Brown increased the score to 31-0
Felixstowe were not in the mood to give up though and for the next 15 minutes, Mistley were held back on their own line.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
Brown limped off the field with a ligament injury and was replaced by veteran Chris Cooper.
With continual pressure being applied by Felixstowe, they earned a deserved try and conversion.
The Mistley scrum then started to turn the screws on and Tobias Phillips powered again to score.
Rob Bloom took over kicking duties from the injured Browne and duly converted.
This was followed by a final try from Bloom and another conversion.