Mistley enjoy that winning feeling
EASTERN COUNTIES 2 - Mistley 39 Haverhill 13
MISTLEY enjoyed a good victory against Haverhill.
Missing four first-team regulars, the hosts still had enough to show that they could well be contenders for promotion this season with a good performance that delighted the home fans.
Mistley took an early lead through second row, Mark Turner, but their lead was shortlived as a try and a penalty put Haverhill in the ascendancy, at 8-5 up.
Mistley hit back though when front-row lock Ryan Knapton powered through to make the score 10-8, before another try, from Stephen Betts, and a goal kick from Ed Barrie gave the hosts a nine-point half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Stephens grabbed Mistley’s first try of the second period and with veterans David Wood and Bertie Baxter excelling, dominated the rest of the game.
Newcomers Oliver King and Will Vine relished the attacking play and Stephens and Dam Butcher scoring further tries, Ed Barrie converting.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Haverhill never gave up and scored a final try before Barrie had the last word with a successful penalty kick.