Matchday Live: Sears penalty wins it for Town at MK Dons
Ipswich Town travel to MK Dons this evening for their penultimate clash of pre-season (kick-off 7.45pm).
Following tonight’s game in Milton Keynes the Blues will just have the home clash with West Ham in which to work on things ahead of the big kick-off.
“In some ways, because of where we’re at and wanting more bodies in, we don’t want it to come around too soon,” manager Paul Hurst admitted.
“But there’s also the fact of wanting it to really mean something, with bigger crowds adding to the atmosphere.”
Joe Garner could potentially return for Ipswich this evening having missed a large chunk of pre-season with a knee problem, while Jonas Knudsen could also make his first pre-season appearance after returning from his post-World Cup break yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Teddy Bishop and Emyr Huws are still not ready to play but have been involved in light training sessions, but Tom Adeyemi is not working with the first team yet having struggled with an Achilles problem of late.
Ellis Harrison could make his first appearance in an Ipswich Town shirt after completing his move from Bristol Rovers last night.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery