More triple-bill motor sport action at Foxhall Stadium this weekend as the action comes thick and fast
- Credit: Archant
Saturday night sees more motor sport action at Foxhall Stadium as the season gets well underway.
A fantastic triple-formula meeting featuring the all-action Superstox, the ‘wreck or win’ Bangers and the ‘pocket rockets’ that are the Mascars, bring race fans a treat of oval motorsport with both high speed non-contact and full-contact action.
The Superstox are competing in round five of their Safari Landrover Engineering Challenge Series and will provide exciting and close racing.
They are the best there is in this formula and booked to appear include multi-champion, Thetford’s Jason Coooper who will receive strong opposition from sister, Sarah, Nick and Dan Roots, Martyn Coles, Brett Wesbroom, Terry Lawrence and a host of others who really motor around Ipswich on a track where the Formula is always at its best.
The Bangers continue their 2017 Ipswich Track Championship Round 3, sponsored by Whip St Motors.
You may also want to watch:
This meeting is also a World Championship qualifying round, so the scene is set to once again be a night not to be missed for Banger Racing fans, as a packed track of cars under the floodlights battle each other around the tarmac doing their best to avoid the infamous Armco fence which has claimed many a victim over the Stadium’s illustrious history!
Completing the evening’s action, we also have the 2017 Ipswich track debut of the exciting Mascars.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
This meeting is part one of an ‘East Anglian Tour’ for the formula.
The sight and sound of these quarter0scale American Nascar-style, purpose-built race cars is something to behold and entertains fans wherever they appear.
This formula has some fantastically prepared cars and some nail-biting high speed action.
Keep an eye out for local Ipswich racers, Karl Baker and Paul Mutimer, it’s always good to have local racers on their home circuit.
Racing starts at 6.45pm on Saturday night and turnstiles open at 5.30pm. Our mascot, ‘Timmy the Tyre’ will be in attendance to entertain the children, young and old, so fans can expect some fun and games on track between races too.