Morsley links up with Laws at Needham
FORMER Needham Market boss Mark Morsley has re-joined the Bloomfields club.In a move described by Needham chairman David Bugg as “very progressive”, Morsley takes over as General Manager, working alongside first-team boss Danny Laws.
By Mike Bacon
FORMER Needham Market boss Mark Morsley has re-joined the Bloomfields club.
In a move described by Needham chairman David Bugg as “very progressive”, Morsley takes over as General Manager, working alongside first-team boss Danny Laws.
You may also want to watch:
Bugg said: “I'm thrilled to have Mark on board alongside Danny. It a very progressive move for Needham Market, and I'm confident it will take the club forward.
“Danny is, and has always been, in charge of on-the-pitch matters, and promotion is what we are striving for. We have finished fourth, second and third since Danny arrived and we would like to finish top, to make our move up.”
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Morsley enjoyed three seasons at Bloomfields as boss and is a regular visitor to team games.
He left Needham to join AFC Sudbury in the Southern League, before moving onto Harwich & Parkeston last year. He left the Essex club a month ago by mutual agreement.
“I've always said I want to be with ambitious clubs and I know that Danny (Laws) and Needham's ambitions match mine,” Morsley said.
“My new role will see me involved on match-days, which is what I want, but I will be heavily involved in the things I enjoy doing, working on player deals and PR.
“I met Danny and the chairman on Tuesday night, but quite honestly I don't know if any of us were expecting anything to develop.
“But both Danny and I talked for hours and it was clear we have far more in common that even we thought.
“Although I know many people we say we are both big characters, I'm confident this will work.
“Danny is by far and away the best coach, not only in the Ridgeons League, but some leagues above that too.”
Needham Market, as a club, while Laws and Morsley as individuals have all made it very clear that moving up the non-league pyramid is their aim.
It could be exciting times ahead at Bloomfields.