Evans on Town, Lampard ‘offered job’ and how teams want to end League One - our most-read stories of the week
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another busy week at Ipswich Town, despite the ongoing lack of football - here are our most-read stories.
First on the list was our old friend Steve Evans having his say on the potential for an expanded League One play-offs, which could see his team Gillingham jump above Town and take the final spot.
Number two on our list was our look at how every League One team wants to finish the season - if they ever get round to making a decision!
Third most-read was Harry Redknapp’s claim that Marcus Evans offered Frank Lampard the top job at Town after Mick McCarthy had departed...
Next was our story on Friday revealing Championship teams are interested in signing Town striker Kayden Jackson, as his contract talks stall...
You may also want to watch:
Fifth was the news that Town’s League One rivals Burton Albion had parted company with boss Nigel Clough because of the financial strain of the coronavirus pandemic..
And finally on our list was the news that Town have decided against extending the contracts of three players for next season - but that the door may not be shut just yet...
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 3 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 4 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 5 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 6 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 7 Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- 8 Where Ipswich Town are at with ins and outs during the January transfer window
- 9 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 10 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region