GOLFSuffolk amateur champion Jamie Moul from Stoke by Nayland played a leading role in England's victory over France by sixteen and a half matches to seven and a half at Golf du Medoc.
Suffolk amateur champion Jamie Moul from Stoke by Nayland played a leading role in England's victory over France by sixteen and a half matches to seven and a half at Golf du Medoc.
On the opening day he partnered Gary Wolstenholme to a 3 and 2 victory over Anthony Pailler and Tony Raillard. Then Moul won his singles 4 and 3 against Pailler.
On the second day Moul and Wolstenholme lost 2 and 1 to Alexandre Keleka and Julien Guerrier. Moul, though, won his singles match one up against Julian Grillon.
You may also want to watch:
England captain Cec Bloice said: “To win against France in France is a considerable achievement. The French team are always a tough proposition especially when playing in front of their home supporters.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs