Murphy, Chambers and Bishop all back in contention ahead of Cardiff trip
- Credit: Archant
Daryl Murphy, Luke Chambers and Teddy Bishop are all back in contention for a place in the Ipswich Town squad ahead of the Blues’ Championship match at Cardiff City tomorrow night.
Centre-back Chambers and midfielder Bishop both missed Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Blackburn due to illness, while six-goal leading scorer Murphy was ruled out with an Achilles problem suffered while away on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.
“They’re all training today so I’m very hopeful they’ll all be okay,” said Blues boss McCarthy. “Teddy has trained already for a couple of days, while Chambo has just walked in and is looking bright-eyed and ready to go.
“Murph’s trained today too and will be in contention provided he comes through that okay.”
He continued: “We’ve almost got a full clean bill of health. There will be one or two that don’t train today just because of recovering from Saturday, but there are no injuries – there’s only Luke Hyam (hip) who is still out and he should train on Thursday. He’s a chance for the weekend (home game versus Huddersfield).”
You may also want to watch:
Following the Blackburn draw, McCarthy said that full-backs Jonathan Parr and Tyrone Mings would both have to be assessed. Asked for an update, he replied: “They’re okay. I think Jonny Parr might be one that goes out and warms up and doesn’t do anything else today. Tyrone will be the same. They do put a shift in the pair of them. “Training was a bit optional this morning. I’m more interested that they can get up and down the pitch tomorrow evening.
“They’re both okay. Ty was saying he’d rocked his ankle, but they’ve not given me any cause for concern that they won’t be available for tomorrow night.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.