My dream move – Duguid
KARL Duguid, who today returned to Colchester United on a one-year contract, could not have chosen a better move.
KARL Duguid, who today returned to Colchester United on a one-year contract, could not have dreamt up a better move.
The 33-year-old, who made his U’s first team debut back in 1995 and stayed with the club until 2008, will play for a U’s XI at Woodbridge Town in a pre-season friendly this evening.
Speaking to the EADT this afternoon, Duguid enthused: “The aim was to find a new club before the start of the new season, and it couldn’t have worked out any more perfectly than this!
“It’s a dream move for me, but I didn’t expect it at all.
You may also want to watch:
“It came out of the blue. The manager (John Ward) had a chat with me on Monday, and he then went away to talk it over with the chairman (Robbie Cowling).
“I had trained with the squad before they went away to Holland, and to be honest I really missed it when they were away.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
“But I had only come here to train, and get fit. I didn’t know I would end up signing for Colchester again,” added Duguid, who had spent the last three years at Plymouth