My dream move – Duguid
KARL Duguid, who today returned to Colchester United on a one-year contract, could not have chosen a better move.
KARL Duguid, who today returned to Colchester United on a one-year contract, could not have dreamt up a better move.
The 33-year-old, who made his U’s first team debut back in 1995 and stayed with the club until 2008, will play for a U’s XI at Woodbridge Town in a pre-season friendly this evening.
Speaking to the EADT this afternoon, Duguid enthused: “The aim was to find a new club before the start of the new season, and it couldn’t have worked out any more perfectly than this!
“It’s a dream move for me, but I didn’t expect it at all.
“It came out of the blue. The manager (John Ward) had a chat with me on Monday, and he then went away to talk it over with the chairman (Robbie Cowling).
“I had trained with the squad before they went away to Holland, and to be honest I really missed it when they were away.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
“But I had only come here to train, and get fit. I didn’t know I would end up signing for Colchester again,” added Duguid, who had spent the last three years at Plymouth