Myles Orton knocked out of Felixstowe Aegon British Tour tennis event
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk tennis player Myles Orton missed out on making it two finals in successive years at the Aegon British Tennis event in Felixstowe this afternoon.
In much improved weather from the previous two days of play fourth seed Orton, 19, was beaten in straight sets by fifth seed Robert Carter 6-4, 6-1.
Orton found himself in a similar position to yesterday’s quarter-final, going 3-0 down in the first set, but was just unable to repeat his comeback today.
Having made his opponent work for hard for the first set however Orton couldn’t find an answer to Carter’s big serves in the second and only managed to win one game.
“Its pretty disappointing but he played good to be fair - I didn’t really get in the match,” Orton said after the loss.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather helped the courts but because they haven’t been played on the bounce was just as bad as yesterday.
Analysing what went wrong Orton added: “I didn’t make enough first serves or put enough pressure on his service games.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 6 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
Carter will now play the men’s final against either Marcus Willis or Lewis Burton at 1.30pm this afternoon.