Nash debut delights parents
AcademyPlayerThere were some proud parents celebrating with a drink or two in Dublin on Tuesday night.Central defender Gerard Nash became the latest Academy player to make his first-team debut when he came on for the last 15 minutes of the 6-1 win over Burnley.
There were some proud parents celebrating with a drink or two in Dublin on Tuesday night.
Central defender Gerard Nash became the latest Academy player to make his first-team debut when he came on for the last 15 minutes of the 6-1 win over Burnley.
You may also want to watch:
And his parents in Dublin, who tuned in to the match commentary via the internet and the Ipswich Town official website, went out to celebrate.
Nash was in for training on Wednesday morning after a comfortable and assured debut.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Ken Goody, Academy assistant director, said: "We are pleased for him. It is nice to see another one come through.
"He has been as high as a kite. He has played all the levels already this year, U19, reserves and now the first team. His passing and composure on the ball was good in that last 15 minutes.
"He is still learning and keen to learn.
"It is good to see another one moving through. Perhaps the results of the U19 side are suffering but getting lads to the first team is our main aim."