Needham go through to last 8 in Vase
Needham Market moved into the last eight of the FA Vase after a 2-0 victory over Daventry Town at Bloomfield's today.Goals from Damian Hilton and Craig Parker sealed the victory in a tough uncompromising encounter.
Needham Market moved into the last eight of the FA Vase after a 20 victory over Daventry Town at Bloomfield's today.
Goals from Damian Hilton and Craig Parker sealed the victory in a tough uncompromising encounter.
Both sides were among the favourites for this season's competition and it was Needham who now go into Monday's draw.
You may also want to watch:
After a goalless first half Needham stepped up a gear at the start of the second and Hilton was on hand to score the opener after 50 minutes after a mistake from Daventry defender Martin Hutchcox.
Needham keeper Danny Gay brilliantly saved a Tommy Berwick penalty as the second half turned into a real thriller.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
And Parker sealed victory in the third minute of injury time breaking through midfield on his own to superbly curl the ball into the net off the far post.
Needham manager Danny Laws said: “we did ok in the first half and I could not fault my defence but I felt the front five could have offered me more.
I asked questions of them including Hilton and Parker, and they answered them with a goal each”.