Needham lose to late winner
A GOAL eight minutes from time saw Needham Market lose Saturday’s pre-season friendly 3-2 at King’s Lynn.
Needham took the lead after 36 through Nathan Stone, whose lob found the top corner of the goal.
Lynn took control of the midfield in the second half and equalised in the 61st minute when Jack Defty, who looked offside, drew the Needham defence out of position and crossed for Luke Thurlbourne to convert from an acute angle.
Lynn took the lead four minutes later when Jack Defty drifted in between two defenders to head home.
Stone made amends for an earlier miss after 73 minutes when he collected a long ball from Ben Wake and slotted home from 12 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn were looking the more likely to score the winner and Kyle Plumb duly converted a Jamie Thurlbourne corner from within the six-yard box.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies