Needham sign Jake Jessop and Joe Marsden
- Credit: Archant
Needham manager Richard Wilkins has added two quality players to his squad ahead of the new season.
The first signing is goalkeeper Jake Jessop formerly from Chelmsford City FC.
Wilkins swooped for the six foot six stopper after he produced two outstanding displays against Needham while on loan at Thurrock FC last season.
Jessop was on loan at various clubs last year and also played eight games for Chelmsford City and conceding just three goals.
Wilkins said: “We needed a quality keeper to replace the big void left by the retiring Danny Gay.
“Jake fits the bill perfectly.
“I have seen him improve immensely over the last two seasons and he will be a great signing for us.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
“We have had Jake watched over many games and the reports have all been very positive.”
Joe Marsden is an intelligent player who has experience of higher level of football in the Conference North league while at Lowestoft Town FC.
Joe was a regular for Leiston FC last season and plays anywhere across the midfield and also can operate at full-back.
Wilkins said: “Joe is a very talented player his game knowledge is excellent and his experience will be good for our young team.
“I am very pleased he has joined us and he will become a vital player for us for at least the next two seasons”.
Wilkins concluded: “The squad is slowly coming together, it’s been a very busy time for Nathan Munson and myself as we have met up with many potential players.
“It’s important we add quality players and also bring in the right character of player into the squad.
“We are both very happy and excited with our new signings they’re both in their mid-20s and both have good experience at level three football.
“We are very hopeful of adding a couple more new signings over the next couple of weeks.”
Keep up-to-date with all your non-league comings and goings by visiting www.eadt24.co.uk