Needham Market add a new striker to their ranks
Needham Market boss Mark Morsley has bolstered his striking options, with the signing of Ollie Mann.
Mann has signed Ryman League forms for the Marketmen, after spending the last few seasons playing in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with Brantham Athletic.
The striker has had Ryman experience before, at Leiston, under Morsley, before a serious knee injury halted his progression.
But after regaining fitness and confidence, the 25-year-old is ready to test himself at a higher-level again, with Needham beating off competition from several other clubs for his signature.
Mann could make his Needham debut at Farnborough on Saturday, as the Suffolk side look to win their fourth Ryman Premier Division game in a row.
An injury-time own goal saw the Marketmen defeat East Thurrock 2-1 last night, adding to recent wins over Hendon (2-0) and Tonbridge Angels (2-1).
Only goal difference sees them sit in the relegation zone prior to Saturday.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 9 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 10 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
See tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star newspapers for the full story.