Needham Market and Felixstowe & Walton suffer damaging defeats
- Credit: Archant
Fifth-bottom Needham Market suffered a damaging home defeat in the Ryman Premier last night, losing 3-0 at home to fellow strugglers, VCD Athletic, on Tuesday night.
After a goalless first half, the game came to life in the last 15 minutes when the visitors scored three goals without reply.
Donovan Simmonds gave VCD a 75th-minute lead, before Lheureux Menga added a second five minutes later.
Menga grabbed his second with three minutes to go.
Needham remain eight points clear of the relegation zone, but VCD have closed the gap on Mark Morsley’s side to nine points.
Meanwhile, Second-placed Felixstowe & Walton failed to take advantage of one of their two games in hand over leaders Norwich United, losing 1-0 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Miguel Lopez’s penalty gave the visitors the win, with Miles Powell missing from the spot then being sent-off in the second half for the Seasiders.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
Felixstowe remain 12 points behind the leaders in the table.