Needham Market and Felixstowe & Walton suffer damaging defeats
- Credit: Archant
Fifth-bottom Needham Market suffered a damaging home defeat in the Ryman Premier last night, losing 3-0 at home to fellow strugglers, VCD Athletic, on Tuesday night.
After a goalless first half, the game came to life in the last 15 minutes when the visitors scored three goals without reply.
Donovan Simmonds gave VCD a 75th-minute lead, before Lheureux Menga added a second five minutes later.
Menga grabbed his second with three minutes to go.
Needham remain eight points clear of the relegation zone, but VCD have closed the gap on Mark Morsley’s side to nine points.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Second-placed Felixstowe & Walton failed to take advantage of one of their two games in hand over leaders Norwich United, losing 1-0 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Miguel Lopez’s penalty gave the visitors the win, with Miles Powell missing from the spot then being sent-off in the second half for the Seasiders.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
Felixstowe remain 12 points behind the leaders in the table.