Needham Market complete the signing of former Ipswich Town defender Joe Whight from Suffolk rivals Bury Town
Needham Market have completed the signing of Joe Whight from Suffolk rivals Bury Town.
The former Ipswich Town defender, who was offered a two-year pro deal by Paul Jewell in 2011, will go straight into the Marketmen’s squad to face Aveley tomorrow afternoon (kick-off 3pm).
Whight has been in and out of the Bury starting line-up this season, but will look to assert himself at title-challenging Needham – who play in the Ryman North Division, one step below Bury.
Needham Market boss Mark Morsley is delighted with the capture, adding: “He’s defensively minded and can play in one or two positions.
“One or two players have had to play slightly deeper of late (following injuries to defenders Ollie Fenn and Chris Hogg) so he gives us an extra option for others to get further up the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“He can play at left-back, centre-half, and in the holding role, and ticks all the boxes we are looking for in terms of age and attitude.”
See tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times for more regarding Whight’s move...
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'