Needham Market go eight-goal crazy to thrash Hitchin Town
- Credit: Archant
Needham Market 8 Hitchin Town 1
Needham Market thrashed Hitchin Town 8-1 in the Eko-Stik Southern League Central Premier at Bloomfields tonight, with both Luke Ingram and Joe Marsden notching hat-tricks.
It was a sensational night for the Marketmen, who broke the deadlock after just seven minutes through Ingram, before the same player doubled the lead on 14 minutes.
Hitchin pulled a goal back through Josh Bickerstaff, but Needham restored their two-goal lead through Jamie Griffiths in the 28th minute.
Six minutes later Marsden bagged his first, to put Richard Wilkins’ men 4-1 up.
You may also want to watch:
There was more woe for the visitors when Bickerstaff conceded a penalty and was red-carded on 39 minutes, so enabling Marsden to convert the spot kick, and summer signing Marsden dispatched another penalty on the stroke of half-time for the sixth goal to complete his hat-trick.
Ingram headed home his third on 75 minutes before Adam Mills added a late eighth to complete the rout.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish