Needham Market need wins to avoid drop from Ryman Premier
- Credit: Archant
Needham Market face a crucial 48 hours in their battle to avoid dropping out of the Ryman Premier Division after just one season.
Today the Marketmen host Bognor Regis at Bloomfields, before making the trip to play Canvey Island on Monday.
Bognor currently sit in the play-off places in the division, while Canvey are comfortable in mid-table, 12 points off the play-offs.
Seven points clear of the drop-zone and fourth-bottom Farnborough – who have a game in hand – the Marketmen have lost twice to Canvey this season, in the league (3-2) and FA Trophy, (home, 2-0) and also came up short at Bognor (2-1) earlier in the campaign.
Meanwhile, in Ryman North, Witham Town, much-improved under Adam Flint, go to third-top Cray Wanderers today, before hosting AFC Hornchurch on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Heybridge Swifts, in the bottom four, entertain Bury today, before going to Maldon & Tiptree on Monday.
Today, Maldon are at Wroxham, while Brightlingsea’s two games this weekend are today at Tilbury and on Monday, at home to Wroxham.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results