Needham Market sign Long Melford forward, Jamie Griffiths
- Credit: Archant
Needham Market have completed the signing of prolific Long Melford striker, Jamie Griffiths.
Former Ipswich Town and Plymouth Argyle man Griffiths missed the whole of last season with a serious knee injury picked up in pre-season, and won’t be ready for action for another two or three months.
However, his talismanic form for Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side Long Melford in the 2015-16 season has persuaded manager Richard Wilkins to swoop for the 25-year-old.
“Jamie is still recovering from a knee injury and will be working closely with our Physiotherapist Rob Earle, but he’s already demonstrated his de-termination and commitment to me to make the best recovery he can,” said Wilkins.
“Once we met and spoke it was clear that it was a good fit for both the club and Jamie, and he’s a player I’ve tried to sign before as has the chairman, Mark Morsley.
“He’s a gifted forward who’s played at lower level recently, but scored lots of goals, and I feel he has all the attributes to make the step up to the Isthmian Premier Division.”
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 4 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 7 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 8 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 9 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 10 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia