Needham Market swoop to sign two strikers
NEEDHAM Market have signed two strikers ahead of tomorrow’s Ryman League Division One North match against Maldon & Tiptree.
Leiston’s Lee McGlone, who has been on a three-month loan to Ridgeons League Premier Division side Hadleigh United, and Tommy Smith, who returns to Bloomfields, will go straight into the squad.
McGlone, who netted 112 goals in 197 league appearances for Leiston, has been granted a free transfer by the Victory Road club whilst Smith was at Needham for several seasons while they were in the Ridgeons Eastern Counties League.
Needham, who have lost their last five matches, have found goals difficult to come by in the absence of the injured Sam Newson and the departed Jose Espinoza.
Manager Danny Laws commenting on the arrival of the duo said: “I’m delighted to have clinched these two signings, both of whom will bring experience and quality to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure that this will serve as a massive boost to Needham Market Football Club as we look to get our promotion push back on track. It is no secret that things have not gone our way of late and it was important that we looked to address the shortcomings which were there for all to see.”
Earlier this week Needham Market made right back Lewis Pemberton available for loan or transfer. The 26-year-old has recently returned after three months out through injury.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns