Needham Market to host Cambridge United in FA Cup
- Credit: James Ager
Needham Market have been handed arguably the hardest draw of the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round - the Marketmen having been chosen to host Skrill Premier leaders Cambridge United.
Mark Morsley’s side booked their place in the draw following Saturday’s 2-1 victory over AFC Sudbury and Morsley had expressed his desire for a tough away test, singling out Luton Town as favoured opponents.
Cambridge, managed by Richard Money, are unbeaten in the league this season with 10 victories and five draws and look good bets to gain a return to the Football League, following eight years away.
Elsewhere, Braintree Town face a long trip to Southern Premier team Weymouth and Heybridge Swifts are away at Boreham Wood.
The tie will be held on the weekend of October 26 and the winners will qualify for the First Round Proper and a chance to be pitted against the likes of Portsmouth, Sheffield United and Wolves.
You may also want to watch:
Reaction from Needham Market manager Mark Morsley in tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat