Needham Market rise to third in the table after win at Tamworth
- Credit: Archant
Tamworth 1 Needham Market 2
Needham Market have risen to the heady heights of third spot in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Central, following a hard-earned 2-1 win at struggling Tamworth tonight.
The visitors ended the match with just 10 men, following Sam Squire’s 66th minute dismissal for two yellow cards, but Reece Dobson came up trumps with a late winner at The Lamb.
The Marketmen had their chances in the first half, and Dobson was denied by the keeper in the 37th minute, with the follow-up shot by Luke Ingram also blocked.
However, they did take the lead in the second minute of the second half, midfielder Gareth Heath capitalising on a poor clearing header to bury a shot from 18 yards out.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Marsden hit the post in the 53rd minute, before Squires saw red 13 minutes later.
Aman Verma seemed to have rescued a point for Tamworth with a wonderful 35-yard rocket in the 76th minute, but Needham were not to be denied, Dobson rounding the keeper to slot home the winner and so propel Richard Wilkins’ men into third.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years