Needham Market rise to third in the table after win at Tamworth
- Credit: Archant
Tamworth 1 Needham Market 2
Needham Market have risen to the heady heights of third spot in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Central, following a hard-earned 2-1 win at struggling Tamworth tonight.
The visitors ended the match with just 10 men, following Sam Squire’s 66th minute dismissal for two yellow cards, but Reece Dobson came up trumps with a late winner at The Lamb.
The Marketmen had their chances in the first half, and Dobson was denied by the keeper in the 37th minute, with the follow-up shot by Luke Ingram also blocked.
However, they did take the lead in the second minute of the second half, midfielder Gareth Heath capitalising on a poor clearing header to bury a shot from 18 yards out.
Joe Marsden hit the post in the 53rd minute, before Squires saw red 13 minutes later.
Aman Verma seemed to have rescued a point for Tamworth with a wonderful 35-yard rocket in the 76th minute, but Needham were not to be denied, Dobson rounding the keeper to slot home the winner and so propel Richard Wilkins’ men into third.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten