Needham Market win away, and Brightlingsea Regent triumph at home
- Credit: Archant
NEEDHAM MARKET scored three goals during the 15-minute period before half-time to notch an impressive 3-1 win at Harlow Town in the Bostik Premier tonight.
Dan Morphew nodded the Marketmen in front from a corner in the 31st minute, and Gareth Heath then doubled the lead with an excellent free-kick on 42 minutes.
All three points were effectively wrapped up at the end of the first half, with Sam Nunn converting a corner from close range.
Harlow pulled a goal back via Nunn’s own goal, when he turned home Junior Dadson’s low cross in the 51st minute, but the Suffolk visitors comfortably held on.
The Hawks ended the match with 10 men, Craig Pope sent off in the 84th minute for a second bookable offence,.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Bostik Premier, BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT celebrated a 1-0 home win over high-flying Wingate & Finchley, in front of a crowd of 161 at North Road.
Tom Richardson came up trumps with the winner in the 59th minute against opposition who had begun the night in third spot.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
There was also a win in this division for Lowestoft Town, who also chalked up a 1-0 home win, over Thurrock.
In the Bostik North, AFC SUDBURY enjoyed a 2-0 win away at Soham Town Rangers, thanks to two first-half goals.
Adam Mills broke the deadlock with a superb free-kick in the 23rd minute, curled home from 25 yards out. Mills turned creator for the second goal. His free-kick was only half-cleared, and Louis Blake was on hand to loop home the second on 33 minutes.
BURY TOWN suffered a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Dereham, also in the Bostik North. Blues keeper Luis Tibbles saved a ninth minute penalty, in front of a Ram Meadow crowd of 275, but Joe Gatting netted the only goal of the game for the Norfolk visitors in the 62nd minute.
But MALDON & TIPTREE were big winners at Brentwood Town, securing a 5-2 victory with Colchester United youngster Ryan Clampin chalking up a first-half hat-trick.
It was 4-0 to the Jammers at the break, Clampin scoring in the fifth, eighth and 33rd minutes, with Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe netting in the 29th minute. Kieran Bailey added a fifth on 75 minutes.